Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design



My user experience influenced me a lot. They helped me see what could be changed and what was really good. I love doing fun and weird things that no one would ever think of and the user helped with my imagination and changing things up in my game. I tried to make my game hard but not so hard that you cant win. Also it helps me see that a lot of people do coding and scratch and that even though its sort of hard they never give up they keep on trying. I've had some trouble in code but seeing that everyone keeps trying it gives me the strength to not give up and keep on trying. Everyone has helped me so much.   

There are a lot of features in this game. For example a feature in these games are the sprites and the platforms. Also the background is a feature. Some more features in this game are timer, the backdrops, the scripts for the sprite to be able to move and for the backdrops to. A lot of games don't really teach you things, we play them because they are fun. But in the scratch game it's fun, it challenges us and it teaches us at the same time.  The scratch game is not like all the regular games it's different, I love trying new and different things because it challenges my brain and makes it work after school. We can learn from really fun games and we won't even know that we are learning, at first I didn't know that we could learn from that game because it was so interesting.

I think my best code was the plat former game even though its not the best game I made but its the hardest code I've made. I really like it but it doesn't really work that smooth it has a lot of bugs in it. My first game I made called the chase game didn't have that much bugs as the plat former game but the coding was really easy so it didn't challenge me. My most difficult bug fix was in the plat former game. It was making the sprite be able to jump, at first when I pressed the up arrow it would go to the right and it would try to walk in the wall. I had to delete my whole script and start all over. I had to do it a couple times but after 5 times I got it to work.


10 comments:

  1. First of all, I enjoy the very vivid colors and lovely background, you have a great choice in design.
    There is two problems I would like to bring up, there is a very strange almost build up until you can walk, and there is no real, "You Lose".
    But I enjoy the pacing of the timer, it was a good choice to have it go up slowly, but not too slowly, and to give enough points to entertain the player.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Sorry, don't know how to edit a comment. And something weird happened to the previous reply)
      You could use an end all block to stop the game and create a variable to tell you if you win or lose
      Ex.

      [If Points = 50]
      [Change Win by 1]
      [End all]
      ]

      Delete
  2. I love how high this little guy jump, You should change your backdrop and then use the when backdrop changes the block moves to the next position when the sprite touches the block, but great job coding

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you have to touch the two squares 4 times in total- challenging. Maybe, try fixing your gravity engine so we can't just float up, haha. Anyways, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the originality of your character, he is really unique! I think you can add more levels, instead of just one block moving down. I also like how you made the blocks move when your character touched them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice platform game! I like how you made the platforms move, it really added to your overall game. Although, you might want to make the game end when there are no more platforms available to jump on, or make the timer shorter so it runs out quicker. Other than that, your game was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice game! I like the gravity and jumping! But the platforms run out quickly, and I did not know to get the blue square in level 2. So probably add instructions. Nice job! This game is very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice chase game! But maybe try making the sprite that is running away earn points a little quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how smoothly your sprite moves. I think that you should make the bear sprite move alittle faster to make it more challenging. I like hoe colorful your sprites are.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Blossom! Great platform game! I Really love how you made the platforms move, coming down from the top gave it a really cool effect. I think that make you should add some instructions cause I wasn't quite sure what I had to do. Another thing I liked was the colors! they blend really well together.

    ReplyDelete